Wednesday, January 29, 2014

DIY Cupcake Stand

Started working on some of the things I need for Faren's party. First thing, cupcake stand. I've seen these all over the place, it was stupid easy. 

Supplies

  • plates/trays
  • E6000 
  • candlesticks/clay pots ((small))
  • something heavy enough to add weight when glue is drying 
I got everything at Hobby Lobby, I did check Just a $1.00 first but they didn't have much, and I didn't feel like driving to 100 different places. I think I ended up spending around $13 for everything I actually got 4 plates because I wasn't sure if it'd be too tall or not so I thought about doing two small ones, but didn't. But let's get started

Plates I found for 1.99 each

Some actually spray paint their candlesticks, I didn't. It did sort of looked cloudy after glue dried though, you'll see



So all you do is apply glue to both ends of candlestick, find center (which i made a mess with) 
Initally I tried Super Glue Gel, yeahhh that didn't work for me
I let this dry overnight

Now play with the babe

New day.....Repeat, again dry overnight

Finished!!! Cant't wait to use this at his party!
((can you see the cloudiness I mentioned))

He needed to be in the pictures too :o)












<3 Timberly







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 FarensMommy, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena