Thursday, January 9, 2014

Juicing

Who isn't juicing these days? I bought a juicer ages ago but never used it, gave it to my sister, she gave to my mother, and now it's back with me lol. So I decided what the heck I'll give it a try. I looked at some recipes on Pinterest to get an idea of what kind of stuff goes together. Last night I juiced for the first time 




Recipe:
3 carrots ((i peeled them))
1 apple ((also peeled))
2 handfuls of baby spinach

Now, this wasn't delicious, wasn't disgusting, it tasted like an extra sweet carrot. I could probably drink it again, but definitely not my favorite, but again I just started so this is just kind of trail and error for me!

I've had an early riser lately, well two I guess baby and puppy, so I got my babe back to sleep and mommy napped too because he  was up quite a bit. So I didnt get to juice until almost 11 so a very late breakfast, but was highly impressed on what it tasted like!



Recipe:
1 apple ((peeled))
1 pear ((peeled))
2 carrots ((peeled))
2 handfuls of baby spinach
4 slices of pineapple ((I guess maybe a quarter of pineapple))
Aprox. 10-15 strawberries

This made quite a bit, about 3 1/2 cups, it was really good. I love pineapple and it really overpowered which I didn't mind. I went to SAMs to buy my fruit in bulk and trying to save a little $$, so unfortunately I couldn't find blueberries, but I have some frozen that I bought for my son so I guess i'm going to  thaw them out. I found another recipe on Pinterest that sounds delicious that I will try soon. Blueberry and pear ((http://www.amandasapron.com/2013/06/10/bluepeary-juice/)). Link to the other is found here ((http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/originals/3d/ce/e1/3dcee1bc4d640cc76d95c6efe67a3309.jpg))

Now I am not on just a juicing diet, I really enjoy chewing food lol. As much as I love fruit and veggies I don't exactly eat a lot of them. My husband hates almost all fruits and veggies so I'm the only one eating them which I have to say can be kind of frustrating. I try to eat as best as possible being a breastfeeding mom and I haven't been getting in my exercise like I should. I'd love to get some of this baby weight off and tone up. I did start but quit around holidays, being so busy with making stockings which are adorable by the way. I may be adding back to my Etsy shop ((MustacheCuties)). I'll try to put up a direct link to that if I can figure it out. I will keep posted on juicing recipes that taste yummy! 

Happy juicing
<3 Timberly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 FarensMommy, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena