Monday, January 6, 2014

Ruffle Crochet Scarf Tutorial


I got one of these babies for Christmas and wasn't until I visited my grandmother that I discovered she was trying to make us all some. Soooo she taught me and I've made a few since and thought I'd share. 

You'll need:
yarn
crochet needle, any size will do
scissors 

I cut my yarn in half to make two scarves you can do the same, or just work until desired length

This is the brand my grandmother had, you can use whichever yarn you like

 when you stretch your yarn out this is what you'll see

 you'll be crocheting the very top row

Now I've see people doing anywhere from 4-8 holes ((?? dont know right term lol)) before the stitch. I've done 5 and 8 

heres the difference, just whatever your prefer 
8 on left, 5 on right

Starting off you can either tie a knot or just find the first hole, on this one i found the first hole and then eventually going back and tying a few strands together, sorry didn't get a picture of that

you will go behind the yarn into the hole, behind, around, and repeat until you get to your 4-8 holes on your needle

now pull the last hole ((closest to the hook)) through the rest of the 7
you should be here, with last hole you hooked

next, you want to stitch one to set ruffle

keep on stitching, keep on stitching, keep on stitching.........
now that you are near the end you will want to do a few single stitches just a few will do

your last stitch pull it really big because you are going to pull the rest of your yarn through

like this

 and knot. ((this is what i was talking about in the beginning, you can knot both ends))

now you're finished, and can wear it!!




<3 Timberly



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 FarensMommy, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena