Thursday, January 9, 2014

Whole Wheat Muffins with Pulp from Juicer

I felt like I was wasting, just throwing away my pulp from juicier, so I had a thought "OH I bet this would make some awesome muffins." I decided to go the healthy route. That being said I'm a little new to whole wheat flour, no idea what its suppose to taste like?!?! These muffins are decent, I think they need a little something more though, maybe more honey. I did some searching on google and found this recipe...((http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2010/05/12/recipe-fruit-nut-or-berry-or-whatever-you-want-them-to-be-whole-wheat-muffins/))

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour ((I used Gold Metal))
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp of honey ((think it needs a little more...maybe 3-3 1/2??))
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla exact
  • 1/4 cup oil ((I used coconut))
  • 3/4 cup of orange or apple juice ((I used apple))
  • Approx. 1 cup of total filling ((i used 1- 1 1/2 cups of pulp))
    • nuts 
    • berries
    • fruit
  • Muffin liners ((can skip this and grease pan))
I decided no nuts so I can share with the baby

Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 400F
  2. Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg
  3. Make a hole in center of flour mixture and pour in eggs, honey, vanilla, oil, and juice. Mix together 
  4. Now add your pulp ((or nuts, fruit, berries whatever you are using))
    1. My pulp was strawberries, carrots, apple, pear, and pineapple!
  5. Line muffin pan or grease pan now. 
  6. Bake for 10-15 min or until toothpick comes out clean
Something else you can do is top with oats!! 
Now again I really think it needs a little more honey, maybe a tad bit more cinnamon. (((i love cinnamon)))  I'll update when I bake these again. This recipe makes 12 muffins :) Enjoy!






 Happy Baking!!!

<3 Timberly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 FarensMommy, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena