- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour ((I used Gold Metal))
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of honey ((think it needs a little more...maybe 3-3 1/2??))
- 1 tsp pure vanilla exact
- 1/4 cup oil ((I used coconut))
- 3/4 cup of orange or apple juice ((I used apple))
- Approx. 1 cup of total filling ((i used 1- 1 1/2 cups of pulp))
- Muffin liners ((can skip this and grease pan))
I decided no nuts so I can share with the baby
- Heat oven to 400F
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Make a hole in center of flour mixture and pour in eggs, honey, vanilla, oil, and juice. Mix together
- Now add your pulp ((or nuts, fruit, berries whatever you are using))
- My pulp was strawberries, carrots, apple, pear, and pineapple!
- Line muffin pan or grease pan now.
- Bake for 10-15 min or until toothpick comes out clean
Something else you can do is top with oats!!
Now again I really think it needs a little more honey, maybe a tad bit more cinnamon. (((i love cinnamon))) I'll update when I bake these again. This recipe makes 12 muffins :) Enjoy!