Friday, January 17, 2014

Whole Wheat Muffins with Pulp from Juicer---Take 2

Take 2 on Whole Wheat Muffins, the first batch didn't exactly satisfy my taste buds. I'm a HUGE sweet eater and I guess I'm so use to muffins being sweet. So I decided to modify the recipe a bit. They aren't as pretty as the others, but much tastier!! I didn't change too much...Here's what I did....

Previous Recipe
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour ((I used Gold Metal))
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp of honey ((think it needs a little more...maybe 3-3 1/2??))
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla exact
  • 1/4 cup oil ((I used coconut))
  • 3/4 cup of orange or apple juice ((I used apple))
  • Approx. 1 cup of total filling ((i used 1- 1 1/2 cups of pulp))
    • nuts 
    • berries
    • fruit
  • Muffin liners ((can skip this and grease pan))

New Recipe
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour ((my grandmother mentioned halving?! so I tried it))
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar ((you could use honey instead))
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup oil ((coconut for me again))
  • 3/4 cup apple juice
  • 1 cup pulp from juicer 
    • I had strawberries, carrots, pears, pineapple
  • Muffin liners
With the self rising flour this were a lot fluffier, and I wasn't in such a shock like last time, and I got a little sweet too. 




See not as pretty, but my mother always says it doesn't have to be if it taste good, butttttt I like my stuff to look pretty and taste delicious. I'm sure they would of been prettier if I just used the whole wheat flour. I'll just blame my grandmother ((Mama Jo)) for that one! :o)








<3 Timberly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 FarensMommy, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena